Año 2019 / Volumen 111 / Número 3
Envío y seguimiento de artículos
Normas de publicación

Envío y seguimiento

SED 2019

SED 2019

Toda la información sobre la Semana de las Enfermedades Digestivas 2019

Más Información

Revista REED

Revista REED

Ver video

Año 2019 / Volumen 111 / Número 3

Original

Evaluation of the medical economics and safety: two methods for the endoscopic removal of jujube pits

209-213

Chunmei Guo, Jing Wu, Haiyan He, Hong Liu, Yadan Wang, Nan Wei, Canghai Wang, Wu Lin, Hui Su,

Objective: to evaluate the medical economics and safety of two methods for the endoscopic removal of jujube pits, one with a transparent cap combined with a stone basket and the other with a transparent cap combined with foreign body forceps. Methods: consecutive patients with a suspected jujube pit ingestion in the esophagus between January 2008 and December 2017 were enrolled into the study. Fifty-three patients who met the criteria were divided into two groups. Group A patients were treated by a transparent cap combined with a stone basket and group B patients were treated by a transparent cap combined with foreign body forceps. The following clinical data were collected: age, sex, location of jujube pits, complications, operation time, extraction success and average hospital costs. Results: a total of 53 patients who met the criteria were enrolled into the study; 29 cases in group A and 24 cases in group B. Endoscopic removal was successful in 98.1% (52/53) of the patients and the remaining 1.9% (1/53) required surgery. Severe complications were less frequent in group A than in group B (p = 0.017). Surgery time was not significantly different between the two groups (p = 0.647). The extraction success in group A was higher than in group B (p = 0.001). The medical costs including the total cost, inspection, treatment, radiation and drug cost were not significantly different between the two groups (p > 0.05 in all cases). Conclusion: endoscopic baskets are suitable for cases of jujube pit ingestion and have a higher extraction success and a lower proportion of severe complications. Surgery time was not significantly extended and the medical costs did not increase.

Valoración del lector: Valora este artículo:
Share Button
Enviar por e-mail

Nuevo comentario


Código de seguridad:
CAPTCHA code image
Speak the codeChange the code
 

Comentarios

No hay comentarios para este artículo.
Asociación Española de Ecografía Digestiva Sociedad Española de Endoscopia Digestiva Sociedad Española de Patología Digestiva
La REED es el órgano oficial de la Sociedad Española de Patología Digestiva, la Sociedad
Española de Endoscopia Digestiva y la Asociación Española de Ecografía Digestiva
© 2019 Revista Española de Enfermedades Digestivas